“I forgot my______!” A phrase I’m sure we’ve all caught ourselves yelling out after hours and hours of travel. Nothing is more valuable than your time and comfort, especially when on the move. So, to save you some valuable time and comfort during travel; here’s a list of ten items you never want to forget before traveling.
- Portable USB battery – It’s easy to get caught up in the sights and culture of the areas you’re traveling to and forget to charge your electronics. A USB battery is perfect for travel as it adapts to almost any charger base and can fit easily into a front pocket or backpack.
- Destination List – Listing your destinations and their distances can help you efficiently group your excursions, saving you both time and money as traveling any distance can run up the toll on your time abroad.
- Carry-on clothing – You never know when the airlines are going to make that monumental mistake and loose your luggage. Plan ahead and pack a few outfits in your carry-on.
- Exercise clothing – Be sure to bring your exercise clothing if you plan on getting some reps in at the hotel gym or getting a few miles under your belt before hitting your destinations.
- Toiletry bag – Having a toiletry bag not only keeps all your toiletries in the same place, but also keeps them from getting all over your other luggage. Just don’t forget to watch out for the limits on those liquids when carrying them on board.
- Power Converter – Most of us don’t consider living standards in other countries, even when traveling to them. You’re going to need a power converter almost anywhere outside of the United States.
- A Book – It never hurts to pack some light reading material to pass the time on your flights. Stuff happens, especially to our technology. It always helps to have a non-electronic form of entertainment to rely on when your tech dies and you’re stranded.
- Phone – Most people are so used to having their phone on them that they automatically assume they have it. Always double check for your phone before leaving for the airport. Who knows when you’ll realize it’s missing?
- Headphones – everyone loves music, but you can’t exactly blast you phone speakers for clear, high definition music at the airport. Never forget your headphones, unless you enjoy background noise at the airport.
- Glasses (both) – If there’s one thing you don’t want to forget when traveling, it’s your ability to take in the beautiful sights of the amazing countries you are visiting. Even if vision correction isn’t necessary for you, don’t forget those sunglasses.
Contributed by Joshua Schwartz