Letter to you from GLA Thailand Staff Member Chelsea
When I think back to summer with GLA Thailand, I think of a lot of awesome teens, wonderful staff, yummy Thai food and super cute elephants! The beautiful sights of Doi Su Tep, the cultural exchange and working at the village school. Oh and passion fruit smoothies! Yummmm passion fruit! Thank you all again for all your hard work and great attitudes last summer. I hope that you will always remember your time in Thailand and that you continue to travel and explore the world. Always remember the passion that you felt for environment, elephants, and culture while you were on this trip and continue to be the change! “How lucky we are to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”
Here are some of my top favorite memories:
Favorite Memories from June 18 – July 1, 2015 Session
- When the truck got stuck on the way back from the elephant nursery. We had to walk in the pouring rain on the dirt road and everyone was slipping and sliding all over the place.
- Singing songs while planting grass at the elephant nursery. (Which grew a ton over the next few weeks I was there.)
- Singing at the lake while Joon or Chicken played the guitar. And when a lot of you learned the chicken song in Thai.
- When Ash and I had to go into Isabel’s and Flordias room to scare away the bugs.
- Elizabeth being really brave with the stitches
- When a group made a special pancake breakfast on one of the last mornings.
- The cup breaking during the cup song.
- PEACE and CHOW!Favorite Memories from July 5 – July 18, 2015 Session
- Preeda and Joon finding the biggest bug ever to show Jared.
- Thomas conquering the largest elephant Pookahm.
- Thanks for teaching me the slang GT(good time) I use it all the time now.
- What are the odds?
- Making toast on an open fire.
- Baby elephants being playful and chasing people.
- How did Zoe get so many hats?
- Watching people play “Thai/soccer/volleyball” takrah in the rain.
- Afternoon massages!
- Smelling Canadian money. Did it smell like maple?
PEACE and CHOW
Favorite Memories from July 21 – August 3, 2015 Session
- The magnificent talent show. Take a minute to remember Honey, Mai and the Mahoots in face paint and dancing! And the beautiful Thai song that they sang. Lydia and Michelle’s rap. Kat and
- Diana singing the Lumineers. Dancing and dancing.
- Kat’s beautiful voice and singing the Chelsea song!
Session three being the craziest and muddiest at the mud bath.
- Sierra’s birthday celebration!
- Poor Molly and Georgia getting thrown off the elephant.
- Keirahs awesome rhyming skills.
- Rice planting at the elephant nursery.
- Baby elephants using the cliff as a mud slide! Awwwh.
- Making jungle jewelry on the trek.
- Afternoon massages!
- PEACE and CHOW!
You all rock!