Wow! Can you believe it has already been months since we were all together in Bali? It feels like yesterday that we eagerly awaited your arrivals at the airport, excited to see your jetlagged faces ready to embark on an adventure of a lifetime!
In just two short weeks, each of you made such a direct impact on the village of Mas. We have met with the village and banjar leaders and they feel so lucky to have had such dedicated, inspiring young people give their time to their elderly and youth. Whether you know it or not, spending part of your summer in Bali has become a catalyst for so many of the villagers of Mas to have a better awareness of their health and ways to improve it. You should be very proud!
We hope that you have had an amazing start to your new school year. We have no doubt that you have stayed true to your commitments that you left with at the end of the program and that you continue to make a positive impact on the people and communities around you. Keep traveling and keep taking risks; we know that each of you are going to make such a difference in the world!
After chatting with the team, we came up with some of the most memorable moments of the summer:
- Ethan and his Benadryl incident then slipping on the bathroom floor…Ethan just being Ethan in general
- Robin Lim saying “I love you” instead of cheese for pictures
- Beni’s music in the vans
- Evening activities that turned into dance parties
- Drinking blue butterfly pea tea
- Sophia and Vicky singing karaoke to despairing, Elise being the first to sing and just karaoke in general
- Learning a good morning song in Bahasa
- The tremendous efforts of the winning team in the crossing the river challenge
Miss you all and stay in touch!
-Your GLA Bali Team