Wow! Can you believe it has already been months since we were all together in Bali? It feels like yesterday that we eagerly awaited your arrivals at the airport, excited to see your jetlagged faces ready to embark on an adventure of a lifetime ☺
Recently we have been back to Lovina to visit our friends from the summer. We reminisced about all the fun we had with Domingo, Anik and the singing boys at the beach. Saw the dorm staff and they say its already lonely and feeling vacant without you there. And of course I visited the schools that you made such an impact on. The children were so excited to see us because they thought we had brought all of you back! Unfortunately not, but I can tell from talking to the teachers that they have a new enthusiasm for learning that directly stems from your incredible teaching ☺☺
We hope that you have had an amazing start to your new school year. We have no doubt that you have stayed true to your commitments that you left with at the end of the program and that you continue to make a positive impact on the people and communities around you. Keep traveling and keep taking risks; we know that each of you are going to make such a difference in the world!
After chatting with the team, we came up with some of the most memorable moments of the summer:
- Visiting the kids at Narayana Seva children’s home and seeing so many of you show interest in sponsoring a child.
- The EBI truck ride to EBC which tested all our balance abilities.
- Burgers and fireworks at Anik’s on the 4th of July
- Scubaing and getting to spend a day of relaxation at the resort
- Dao, Komong, luna and all the other students you were all able to connect with while teaching.
- Wicked sweet Mentor group Bus rides
- The most delicious cake with chocolate and peanuts that we got as a treat in Singaraja
- The ambitious trap yoga that only lasted 2 days (nice try guys)
- 200,000 Rupiah snack runs!
Miss you all and stay in touch!
-Your GLA Bali Team