Wow! Can you believe it has already been months since we were all together in Bali? It feels like yesterday that we eagerly awaited your arrivals at the airport, excited to see your jetlagged faces ready to embark on an adventure of a lifetime ☺
Recently we have been back to Lovina to visit our friends from the summer. We reminisced about all the fun we had with Domingo, Anik and the singing boys at the beach. Saw the dorm staff and they say its already lonely and feeling vacant without you there. And of course I visited the schools that you made such an impact on. The children were so excited to see us because they thought we had brought all of you back! Unfortunately not, but I can tell from talking to the teachers that they have a new enthusiasm for learning that directly stems from your incredible teaching ☺☺
We hope that you have had an amazing start to your new school year. We have no doubt that you have stayed true to your commitments that you left with at the end of the program and that you continue to make a positive impact on the people and communities around you. Keep traveling and keep taking risks; we know that each of you are going to make such a difference in the world!
After chatting with the team, we came up with some of the most memorable moments of the summer:
- H0t_cross_buns and and Melissa Bella
- It’s a party in my tummy! So yummy so yummy! The staff continued to sing that for the rest of the summer… thanks guys.
- The sunrise hike at EBI and the staffs super slow motion run up the hill for our fake East Bali Cashews commercial staring Luna…
- Fireworks and burgers at Anik’s for the 4th… and tasty smoothies for our veggie people 🙂
- Diving into the ocean in Lovina and finding a blue star fish… Then letting you all know that it needed to go back into its home.
- Hattie’s chocolate cake birthday treat!
- Nancy’s killer dance moves and vocals during karaoke
- The hot scuba instructor (Nicole made me add this one) and the Danish boys
- Gabby’s last night donut surprise for her birthday.
- Fan hats
Miss you all and stay in touch!
-Your GLA Bali Team