Hey session 2 dream team!
The summer is now over, all 4 sessions done and gone, yet I still remember all of your faces so vividly! It was really a pleasure having a group like you, I’ll never forget the way you all bonded from the first day and I hope to have similar groups in the future. The guinea pig houses are now completely finished, we gave them each a male and female and transfered any they had into the houses. It was great to see the final product and the smiles on our faces and theirs alike. You were the group that actually put the first few adobe bricks down, so be proud!
I also remember how much fun a lot of you had at various activities, for some reason the instrumental sesh at the music class sticks out as well as the llama farm, I swear they never spit / sneezed as much after that visit! Some of you also asked me if I thought I would get bored of the hike, and I can now say that I never did, it was always enjoyable (especially since I was healthy and ready to go these last two times). That is another area where you guys really stood out, supporting those who struggled on the hard parts and all staying at the top of the hill and cheering that first day until everyone reached camp. Great work and keep that attitude in everything you do.
I hope that you have all enjoyed the rest of your summer and still carry with you something that you learned during this experience. Two weeks may be short in the long run but it gives you a lot to reflect on, so remember us and your time here. Keep learning, exploring, growing and being inclusive and you will all certainly continue to make a difference in the world around you!
– All the great talent show performances – including hip hop dance, a duet of “let it go”, some country dancing and multiple talented people on the guitar
– Those amazing starts and snow-capped mountains finally coming out in the early morning of our camping night
– Getting told to be quiet at Machu Picchu while singing Happy Birthday to Jill
– All those solid full field soccer games with the kids of Mayrasco – you were the only group to get them that organized
– Lots of trust falls… I actually still have to try being the faller…
– Great dancing our last night at the buffet dinner – with each other AND the performers
-Nico (de gallo)
Feeling nostalgic? You can experience that same sense of friendship and adventure abroad again! Check out all our new destinations for Summer 2018, or enroll now.