Hola Spanish Service Adventure chicos y chicas!
Wow – what a summer it’s been! After round #2 of the program, Maria Fe, Allie, and I had a few days together in Cuzco (with plenty more baby alpaca sightings) before heading our separate ways to school and new job opportunities in Hungary and California. Still, we love thinking back on our time with y’all and the memories we made. Here are a few of our favorites:
– Our epic Egyptian ratslap card tournaments at the home base
– Waking up at 4:00 am for the totally-worth-it dawn hike at Machu Picchu
– The trench at Escuela Umanes. Oh, that trench…
– Conquering Andean peaks on our final day at home base in Coya
– Braving the frigid waterfall on our hike to Aguas Calientes
– All the name that tune and singalong extravaganzas during our bus rides
– Hearing amazing original music and beautiful voices at our talent show
– Perfecting your bartering skills at the markets in Cusco and Pisac (and that final Blue Llama dinner!)
While we’re sure you are all busy with school, sports, and other activities, we hope you still look back on everything you learned and accomplished this summer – through our service projects, Spanish class, mentor groups, or even from spending time and learning from each other. We’d encourage you to keep up your language skills and find ways to be culturally aware and lead by example in your homes, schools and communities. Bien hecho, and keep up the good work! Keep in touch with us as we’d love to hear the amazing things y’all are doing, and keep us in mind for next summer!
Feeling nostalgic? You can experience that same sense of friendship and adventure abroad again! Check out all our new destinations for Summer 2018, or enroll now.