You probably already know that Global Leadership Adventures has an Instagram account (I know, we’re hipsters), especially if you’ve already traveled through GLA. And if you do know that, then you probably already know how awesome the GLA feed is! So why not tell your friends about it? I’ll help you out. Here are seven fantastic reasons to get your friends to follow @glateens on Instagram this summer!
- Learn about upcoming trip openings. You and your friends can stay informed about GLA trips that still have openings, and you can see what some of the latest travel and volunteer opportunities are, all while you scroll through your Instagram feed!
- Learn about important events. Not that long ago, we announced a sweet webinar with information about applying to travel with GLA. Plus, there was an awesome scholarship linked with the webinar! While this opportunity has passed, you and your friends can catch future events that you won’t want to miss by (you guessed it) following @glateens. Don’t miss out!
- Catch the wanderlust bug, if you don’t already have it. It’s sort of an understatement to say that @glateens has some beautiful pictures of people and places all over the world. Plus, most of the snapshots were captured by teens who have volunteered through GLA. Seeing the vivid colors of India, the pointed peaks of Peru, and the beautiful smiles of loving friends make it hard to want to stay at home.
- Get inspired by other teens’ adventures. Teens who journeyed the world with GLA use the hashtag #myGLA on Instagram to describe their unforgettable experience. Through their stories, your friends will be inspired to travel and come back with not only some awesome stories about snorkeling and bathing elephants, but also a changed worldview.
- Be a part of the fun and enter our contest! If your friends have traveled with GLA before, get them in on the action. Share their amazing memories through the GLA photo and video contests on Instagram using the #myGLA hashtag, and you and your friends could win an Amazon gift card for posting!
- Find some answers. Do you or your friends have questions about a GLA program? On our Instagram page, you can post your question in the comment section of a picture, and @glateens will post back an answer with helpful advice and web links. Talk about convenient!
- Be inspired to make a difference. Teens really can make a difference in the world, and @glateens will inspire your friends to better themselves and the lives of others through creating much-needed change.
So, have you told your friends to follow @glateens yet? If not, share these seven reasons for why they should follow us on Instagram, and before long, they’ll be posting and sharing under the #myGLA hashtag, too! And share below what your favorite post is from our Instagram feed. We want to hear from you!
Contributed by Addie Davis